French Circles Level 2
Welcome to French Circles Level 2. During this second course you will start to communicate more in specifics real life situations and gain more insights into the French language. You already had some French exposure (Basic vocabulary & basic conversation using familiar topics) so we are going to keep going immersed in the experience of learning French; Take risks and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. We encourage you to participate actively in the program.
A binder with a notebook, handouts, a CD and a booklet named “Study Notes” will be provided by your teacher at the beginner of the class. Please keep the “Study Guide” in your binder at all times.
The teacher will focus on your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. During class you will work with the teacher, alone as well as with classmates. You will be expected to:
- Participate in a positive way and accept the challenges of learning and using a new language: French.
- Contribute to class practices in a personal and meaningful manner.
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and courtesy towards your classmates and teacher.
Take advantage of the website’s resources at all times: www.frenchcircles.ca/online-free-french-resources
Your progress will be based on homework, assessment and participation.
Throughout your French course, we will be sharing with you links related to the class of such week. These links will be useful and fun resources that can be used by you in your free time. Additionally, using these free resources, will be as of great help for preparing you for the following weeks’ quiz, dictation and lesson.
Because all students learn in different ways, in our class you will learn how to use various strategies to learn the French language. Therefore, Homework will be assigned each week.
Don’t forget to complete and check the homework assigned by submitting your dictations, readings and vocabularies using the buttons below. It will be based on the lesson of the day, including speaking practices, memorizing vocabulary and grammatical structures as well as creative writing assignments according to your level. Put quality and time into your studies.
Quizzes and test:
Also, there is a Quiz or a dictation at the beginning of each class and a test every 3 weeks. Tests are important to learn a new language because they help you to practice and to test yourself. Take our Online Free French Tests as many times as you need to and keep practicing.
The tests in French Circles Level 2 are based on the French Circles Reference topics.
Final Test French Circles LEVEL 2
By the end of French Circles level 2 you will be able to communicate in the following areas:
- You will be able to understand common, idiomatic expressions.
- You will be able to understand a simple French conversation.
- You will be able to understand short and informal presentations.
- you will show an emerging ability to understand simple discourse.
- You will be able to reply to a French conversation.
- You will be able to talk about 15 different familiar topics comfortably.
- You will be able to speak with a nice French accent since we will help you to practice the nasal sounds, "liasons" and specially the E, U and R French.
- You will be able to give a short and informal presentation using the past and present tenses.
- You will be able to write sentences using present, past and future tense.
- You will be able to write your own 4 min. personal presentation.
- You will be able to conjugate and use irregular and regular verbs in French.
- You will be able to write and talk about yourself (Daily routine and weekend), your family and friends.
- You will be able to take notes on a short, informal presentation on a familiar topic.
- you will begin to build the skills necessary to express your likes and dislikes orally and in writing.
- You will be able to read and understand paragraphs written in French with basic vocabulary.
- You will be able to use common prepositions correctly.
- You will be able to understand grammatical notions from any book in French. (Articles, subject, personal pronouns, verbs, adjectives)
- Your French vocabulary will increase up to 3000 words.
French Circles Level 2 is not for you? Click on the level that your are interested for more information:
Do you want to learn more French? Click on the image of your interest for more information: