French Circles Level 3
Welcome to French Circles Level 3. During this third course you will continue to communicate in many real life situations and gain more confidence into the French language. It is necessary for you to keep up with the good work and get more involved in the experience of practicing French. Please continue to participate actively in the program.
The teacher will focus on your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. During class you will work with the teacher, alone as well as with classmates. You will be expected to:
- Participate in a positive way and accept the challenges of learning and using a new language: French.
- Contribute to class practices in a personal and meaningful manner.
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and courtesy towards your classmates and teacher.
A binder with a notebook, handouts, a CD and a booklet named “Study Notes” will be provided by your teacher at the beginner of the class. Please keep the “Study Guide” in your binder at all times.
Take advantage of the website’s resources at all times: www.frenchcircles.ca/online-free-french-resources
Your progress will be based on homework, assessment and participation.
Throughout your French course, we will be sharing with you links related to the class of such week. These links will be useful and fun resources that can be used by you in your free time. Additionally, using these free resources, will be as of great help for preparing you for the following weeks’ quiz, dictation and lesson.
Because all students learn in different ways, in our class you will learn how to use various strategies to learn the French language. Therefore, Homework will be assigned each week.
Don’t forget to complete and check the homework assigned by submitting your dictations, readings and vocabularies using the buttons below. It will be based on the lesson of the day, including speaking practices, memorizing vocabulary and grammatical structures as well as creative writing assignments according to your level. Put quality and time into your studies.
What to expect from French Circles Level 3
By the end of this level you will be able to communicate in the following areas:
- You will be able to understand French idiomatic expressions.
- You will be able to understand familiar French conversations.
- You will be able to understand formal and informal presentations.
- You will be able to understand and to reply to regular French conversations (such us ask for directions, respond to directions, leave a voice message)
- You will be able to talk about a variety of topics comfortably.
- You will be understood without difficulty by a native interlocutor.
- You will be able to follow and participate in a class discussion (you will have the skills necessary to express your likes and dislikes).
- You will be able to summarize a short passage on a topic in their own words.
- You will be able to elaborate written paragraph using past, present and future. tense using a variety of topics with significant precision and in detail.
- You will be able to conjugate and use irregular and regular verbs in French.
- You will be able to take notes on presentations on a different topics.
- You will be able to read and understand texts and paragraphs writen in French with regular vocabulary.
- You will be able to understand gramatical notions from any book in French. (Verbs, prepositions, adverbs, adjectives)
- Your French vocabulary will increase up to 4500 words.
Expectations Checklist Level 3
This Expectations Checklist Level 3 was made to quickly check your progress in Level 3 French Circles course.
Quizzes and test:
Also, there is a Quiz or a dictation at the beginning of each class and a test every 3 weeks. Tests are important to learn a new language because they help you to practice and to test yourself. Take our Online Free French Tests as many times as you need to and keep practicing.
The tests in French Circles Level 3 are based on the French Circles Reference topics.
French Circles Level 3 is not for you? Click on the level that your are interested for more information:
Do you have questions about our courses? Click on the image of your interest for more information: