French Circles Level 1
Welcome to French Circles Level 1. During this first course you will start to communicate in specifics real life situations and gain more insights into the French language. It is necessary for you to keep an open mind to the new and different sounds, ideas, and situations. Get immersed in the experience of learning French; Take risks and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. We encourage you to participate actively in the program.
A binder with a notebook, handouts, a CD and a booklet named “Study Notes” will be provided by your teacher at the beginner of the class. Please keep the “Study Guide” in your binder at all times.
The teacher will focus on your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. During class you will work with the teacher, alone as well as with classmates. You will be expected to:
- Participate in a positive way and accept the challenges of learning and using a new language: French.
- Contribute to class practices in a personal and meaningful manner.
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and courtesy towards your classmates and teacher.
Take advantage of the website’s resources at all times: www.frenchcircles.ca/online-free-french-resources
Your progress will be based on homework, assessment and participation.
Throughout your French course, we will be sharing with you links related to the class of such week. These links will be useful and fun resources that can be used by you in your free time. Additionally, using these free resources, will be as of great help for preparing you for the following weeks’ quiz, dictation and lesson.
Don’t forget to complete and check the homework assigned by submitting your dictations, readings and vocabularies using the buttons below. It will be based on the lesson of the day, including speaking practices, memorizing vocabulary and grammatical structures as well as creative writing assignments according to your level. Put quality and time into your studies.
Quizzes and test:
There is a Quiz or a dictation/reading practice at the beginning of each class and a test every 3 weeks. Tests are important to learn a new language because they help you to practice and to test yourself. Search our Online Free Resources and enjoy our French tests. We will suggest you to take them as many times as you need to and keep practicing the topic that you requiere.
The tests in French Circles Level 1 are based on the French Circles Reference topics.
Final Test French Circles Level 1
By the end of French Circles level 1 you will be able to communicate in the following areas:
- You will be able to understand simple yes/no and wh-questions.
- You will be able to recognize the singular/plural in a contextualized speech
- You will be able to recognize the masculine/feminine in a contextualized speech
- You will be able to understand a simple French conversation.
- You will be able to talk about 8 different familiar topics comfortably. (You will be able to give names, addresses, telephone numbers, nationalities, majors/professions, identify and list ordinal and cardinal numbers and to refer to the days of the week and the months of the year)
- Your will be able to speak with a nice French accent since we will help you, from the beginning, to practice the nasal sounds, "liasons" and specially the E, U and R French.
- You will be able to reply to a simple French conversation.
- You will be able to write sentences using family members, adjectives and places to go.
- You will be able to write your own 2 min. personal presentation.
- You will be able to recognize and conjugate the main 4 important verbs in French.
- You will be able to conjugate regular -er -ir and -re verbs.
- You will be able to read and understand small paragraphs written in French with basic vocabulary.
- You will be able to identify grammatical notions from any book in French. (Articles, subject, personal pronouns, verbs, adjectives)
- Your French vocabulary will increase up to 1500 words.
French Circles Level 1 is not for you? Click on the level that your are interested for more information:
Do you want to learn more French? Click on the image of your interest for more information:
Please, share with us the reason to why you want to learn french: https://www.frenchcircles.ca/reasons-to-learn-french/