French Circles Level 4
Welcome to French Circles Level 4. During this fourth course you will continue to communicate in specifics real life situations and gain more confidence into the French language. It is necessary for you to keep an open mind to the new and different sounds, ideas, and situations. Continue to participate actively in the program.
Materials: A binder with a notebook, handouts, a CD and a booklet named “Study Notes” will be provided by your teacher at the beginner of the class. Please keep the “Study Guide” in your binder at all times.
Class: The teacher will focus on your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. During class you will work with the teacher, alone as well as with classmates. You will be expected to:
- Participate in a positive way and accept the challenges of learning and using a new language: French.
- Contribute to class practices in a personal and meaningful manner.
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and courtesy towards your classmates and teacher.
Take advantage of the website’s resources at all times: www.frenchcircles.ca/online-free-french-resources
Your progress will be based on homework, assessment and participation.
Throughout your French course, we will be sharing with you links related to the class of such week. These links will be useful and fun resources that can be used by you in your free time. Additionally, using these free resources, will be as of great help for preparing you for the following weeks’ quiz, dictation and lesson.
Homework, Quizzes and test: Because all students learn in different ways, in our class you will learn how to use various strategies to learn the French language. Therefore, Homework will be assigned each week.
Don’t forget to complete and check the homework assigned by submitting your dictations, readings and vocabularies using the buttons below. It will be based on the lesson of the day, including speaking practices, memorizing vocabulary and grammatical structures as well as creative writing assignments according to your level. Put quality and time into your studies.
Also, there is a Quiz or a dictation at the beginning of each class and a test every 3 weeks. Tests are important to learn a new language because they help you to practice and to test yourself. Take our Online Free French Tests as many times as you need to and keep practicing.
The tests in French Circles Level 4 are based on the French Circles Reference topics.
FINAL TEST FRENCH CIRCLES LEVEL 4
By the end of this level you will be able to communicate in the following areas:
- You will be able to understand and to reply to a French conversation.
- You will be able to talk about many different topics confortablely.
- You will be able to give an effective oral French presentation.
- Your will be able to speak with a nice French accent since we will help you, from the beginning, to practice the nasal sounds, liasons and specially the E, U and R French.
- you will be understood without difficulty by a native interlocutor.
- You will be able to understand most speech on a familiar topic.
- you will show an emerging ability to understand complex discourse.
- To elaborate writen paragraph using past, present and futur tense using a variety of topics with significant precision and in detail.
- To write your own 6 min. personal presentation.
- To recognize and conjugate the main important verbs in French .
- Conjugate regular -er -ir and -re verbs.
- Conjugate irregular -er -ir and -re verbs.
- To read and communicate using a variety of text types (i.e. communications, descriptions, narrations, dialogues, and essays)
- To understand gramatical notions from any book in French. (Articles, subjet, personal pronouns, verbs, adjectives)
- Your French vocabulary will increase up to 6000 words.